The Trust works in partnership with four local authorities to safeguard vulnerable adults: the City of London, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, as well as Richmond's Wellbeing service. Each of these authorities works to the same Pan-London procedures.

Concerned that a vulnerable adult is suffering any kind of abuse?

If you think a vulnerable service user in East London NHS Foundation Trust is being harmed or abused in any way, you need to raise your concerns with the Local Authority where the service user is living right now. You will then be asked to give enough detail to make safe contact with the person you believe is suffering some kind of harm.

Raise a safeguarding alert

Raise your concern with the Borough where the vulnerable adult is currently living.
You can find out more about what kinds of harm or abuse vulnerable adults can suffer from, and how that person can be helped and protected on all the websites listed below.

Borough Specific Information and Services

City of London

City of London Protection of Vulnerable Adults web page

London Borough of Hackney

London Borough of Hackney Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults web page

London Borough of Newham

London Borough of Newham Safeguarding Adults web page

London Borough of Richmond

London Borough of Richmond Safeguarding Adults at Risk web page

London Borough of Tower Hamlets

London Borough of Tower Hamlets Safeguarding Adults at Risk of Abuse web page

On the specific Local Authority websites you may have to search for "Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults", "Safeguarding Adults at Risk of Abuse", "Safeguarding Adults", "Protection of Vulnerable Adults", "Safeguarding Adults at risk" or similar terms.

Trust Safeguarding Adults contact

Janette Clark, Interim Associate Director for Safeguarding Adults and Domestic Violence and Abuse, Tel: 020 7655 4240

Please give us a rating for the content or use of our site?

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)