Meaningful employment and skill development is a powerful therapeutic intervention and having a paid job is one of the most effective ways of including those who are often excluded from society. Securing a job is a competitive process, even more so for individuals with a disability, history of substance misuse, criminal record, homelessness, and/or out of date skills, lack of education or work experience. It is also true that people who have overcome these difficulties are often the most dedicated, reliable and motivated members of staff.
Nu-Leaf Enterprises was established to provide employment and training opportunities for those motivated and determined to turn over a new leaf and transform their lives. Nu-Leaf provides:
- A real working environment geared to prepare our service users for competitive paid employment in the community
- An opportunity to build upon existing strengths and develop professional transferable skills, within a supported clinical framework
- Opportunities to progress into leadership and share your skills with others
- Employment advice and guidance
- Competitive business solutions
Telephone: 020 8510 2288
- "The Nu-Leaf team are creative and speedy and have produced some really nice materials for us. It is also good to know that the work we send is providing experience for service users at the John Howard centre as part of their rehabilitation" (Design & Print customer)
- "The service was really good, the staff were very friendly, especially the team leader" (Oasis Café customer)
- The Salon "makes me feel nice and calm" (Salon customer)
- "Serving customers and meeting their needs with good understanding and a high level of professionalism" (Piazza Shop customer)
- "Praise for the quality of the SU-maintained garden adjacent to Fry and Whitbread buildings – 'colourful', 'lovely'. The ambience of the OASIS café, the menu and the enterprise".
The Oasis café provides sandwiches, pastries, cakes and drinks to the John Howard Centre community. All food is prepared on the premises using fresh ingredients, some are grown on site. Bespoke catering services can be provided upon request.
Open: Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 14:00
Piazza Shop, John Howard Centre
Our local convenience store provides a wide variety of goods, for great value. We have created excellent relationships with local not for profit organisations who supply high quality stock.
Open: Monday – Friday, 10:00 – 14:00
Wolfson House Shop / Sandwich Deliveries
Our local convenience store provides a wide variety of goods, for great value. Bespoke sandwich deliveries services can also be provided upon request.
Open: Monday 14:00 – 15:30 and Friday 10:00 – 11:30
Nu-Leaf Landscaping and Allotment
Nu-Leaf landscaping provides professional, reliable and efficient garden landscaping, maintenance and design services. The grounds at the John Howard Centre and Wolfson House have been transformed into a place loved, owned and respected by all, demonstrating the quality of our work.
Nu-Leaf Picture Framing
Nu-Leaf picture framing offers an impressive range of professional framing services for exceptional value for money. Bespoke picture frames are carefully hand-crafted and made to last.
Nu-Leaf Design and Print
Nu-Leaf Design and Print provides professional graphic design and publishing services tailored to the specific requirements of the customer. Nu-leaf can design any printed material including flyers, posters, leaflets, newsletters and stationary. They are committed to producing items to deadlines with competitive prices.
Contact us for a Quote
Nu-Leaf Salon, within the John Howard Centre offers professional hairdressing services within a relaxing environment. This service provides a retreat in which to restore balance and well-being. Hairdressing services can also be offered to staff upon request.