As a member of our Trust you will already be interested in your local community, our services, the quality of mental and community health care and future plans for improvement.
We would like you to consider getting even more involved by joining the Council of Governors. This is an exciting opportunity to represent the interests of Foundation Trust members, service users, carers, staff and ELFT partners. Our Governors are very important to our Trust and they play a fundamental role in improving services, advising the Trust about the needs of service users and the community, holding our non-executive directors to account and informing our strategies and future plans.There are four seats available in our staff constituency, one seat in Luton, one seat in Central Bedfordshire and two seats in Hackney.
By becoming a Governor you will:
- Help influence the future of our health services
- Engage with members and staff and make sure their voice is heard
- Hold Non-Executive Directors to account for the performance of our Trust Board
- Support our campaigns to promote good health and fight mental health stigma
- Participate in meetings of the Council of Governors and its Committees
- Come to networking events and training sessions and extend your knowledge on mental health, physical health and general wellbeing within the NHS
- Choose who our Chair and Non-Executive Directors should be
- Choose who our auditors should be, and approve significant transactions.
To nominate yourself, please click on the following link www.ersvotes.com/ELFT2017 where you will also find more information on the election. You must submit a nomination form by 12 September 2017.
We would highly recommend that you read our Guidance Document for Prospective Governors before completing your form. You can also contact the Membership Office with any further enquiries and to be made aware of Prospective Governor Workshops. You can contact them on 0800 032 7297 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org