A number of initiatives have been delivered under the Trust's Equalities Programme. Their success is monitored by a newly created single equality staff network group, Going for Gold. The initiatives include:
- All new employees now receiving diversity training as part of their corporate induction, including targeted training for managers and doctors.
- Written guidance made available for employees responsible for undertaking equality impact analysis.
- The Trust became a Stonewall Champion in June 2012 and has begun to deliver against an ambitious plan to become a top 100 employer on the Workplace Equalities Index.
- This Dignity at Work Policy and all Employee Relations policies were updated to comply with the new Equalities Act.
- Two popular diversity events this year including a pre-Olympics celebration of cultural diversity.