We are an awarding winning organisation recently named as the best place to work in mental health and learning disabilities services in the 2015 Health Service Journal and NHS Employers awards.
Our workforce strategy is focused on supporting the Trust’s vision to make a positive difference to people’s lives. The following objectives help to focus our efforts:
We aim to:
- Recruit and retain culturally competent and highly skilled staff to meet the diverse needs and backgrounds of our patients
- Develop a motivated workforce who are critical thinkers
- Be an employer of choice for the NHS in East London
- Develop new ways of working to make sure we stretch and are always getting the best for our patients from our highly trained professionals
- Improve workforce design and planning to make sure we always have the right number of staff to meet the needs of our patients, their families and carers.
- Address current national shortages in some health professions – for example health visitors.