Joshua Ward is 19-bedded acute admission ward providing assessment, treatment, care and support for men from City and Hackney.
Most people can receive treatment and care as an outpatient. When an admission is required, this is arranged via the assessing mental health team
• 24 hour, 365 days a year services
• Active involvement of the patient, family and carers
• Choice and autonomy, where possible
• Intensive assessment, intervention and support
• Recovery planning with patient focussed outcomes
• Sensitive approach to ethnic and cultural issues
• Share learning from the crisis
• Time-limited treatments that are responsive to patient’s needs
• To provide practical support and assistance with problems of daily living.
The ward has a multi-disciplinary team including mental health nurses, clinical support workers, clinical psychologists, a consultant psychiatrist and medical staff. They work in partnership with the outpatients team, care co-ordinators, social workers and GPs to support the patient through their inpatient stay.