Older People Community Mental Health Teams (Older People CMHTs) are multi-disciplinary, multi-agency assessment teams for adults over the age of 65 who require specialist mental health services in Bedfordshire and Luton. Patients under the age of 65 with early onset dementia may also be cared for within this team.
Older People CMHTs are comprised of community psychiatric nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists, social workers, support workers, psychiatrists and doctors.
The teams provide:
- Care planning, co-ordination and monitoring
- Occupational therapy
- Signposting to other organizations
The teams work with patients in their own homes which can include:
- Private and local authority residential homes
- Private and NHS nursing homes
- ELFT's community resource centres
- Warden controlled complexes
Health and social care professionals can refer patients to this team. Self-referrals to this service are not accepted. Speak to your GP if you have concerns and feel this service would be of benefit