Who we are
Inpatient Ward - Adult
19-bed acute admissions ward for patients aged between 18 and 65. The service offers:
• 24 hour, 365 days a year services
• Active involvement of the patient, family and carers
• Choice and autonomy, where possible
• Intensive assessment, intervention and support
• Recovery planning with patient focussed outcomes
• Sensitive approach to ethnic and cultural issues
• Share learning from the crisis
• Time-limited treatments that are responsive to patient’s needs
• To provide practical support and assistance with problems of daily living.
Please note the Tower Hamlets Centre for Mental Health is a smoke free site.
Referral by GP, through A& E, Home Treatment Team or Consultant
The service sets out to provide effective mental health care to help service users recover from a mental health crisis, and support their rehabilitation to get back on track with their lives.
All inpatients have a thorough assessment of their care needs and risk. This leads to the development of a comprehensive treatment plan. A tailored rehabilitation programme will be put in place for each patient focusing on their specific needs and issues.
As well stabilising symptoms of mental illness, patients can access occupational and arts therapies, psychological interventions including substance misuse treatment and a range of medical services including regimes of therapeutic medication and the delivery of enhanced physical health care packages.
Each patient’s progress is managed by the clinical team utilising the Care Programme Approach which is based on a Recovery Model.
The ward has a multi-disciplinary team including mental health nurses, clinical support workers, clinical psychologists, a consultant psychiatrist and medical staff. They work in partnership with the outpatients team, care co-ordinators, social workers and GPs to support the patient through their inpatient stay.