The service accepts adult patients from the Bedfordshire and Luton catchment areas requiring electro-convulsive therapy (ECT) and is accredited by ECTAS (Accreditation service)
The service offers:
· An inclusive service delivering safe and effective ECT treatment
· Caring and supportive multi-disciplinary team
· Active involvement of patient, family and carers
· ECT suite orientation visit for patients, staff and carers
· Pre-ECT anaesthetic & psychiatric assessments
· Adherence to nationally accredited ECTAS standards
· Sensitive approach to ethnic, cultural &religious issues
· ECT Interventions recorded on RIO
· Liaison with referring team, wards, care co-ordinators and GPs
The service is led by a senior ECT consultant, a senior deputy ECT
consultant and an ECT manager
There is a service level agreement in place for the services of a senior lead consultant anaesthetist and an operating department practitioner (ODP).
ECT referrals must be completed by the referring consultant and emailed to the Luton ECT Inbox.
Please contact the ECT.Luton@elft.nhs.uk for referral guidance