The Rehab and Enablement service operates seven days a week and supports patients following a physical injury or an acute medical condition through activities of daily living.
Community Physiotherapists and Community Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with Rehabilitation Support Workers staff to enable patients to regain abilities and independence within their own homes.
The service is part of Bedfordshire Community Health Services.
Patients are accepted into the service where:
• the patient is experiencing an acute alteration in their physical wellbeing or social circumstance which without the input of this service would result in an acute hospital admission
• an exacerbation of a long term health condition
• facilitated early discharge from hospital can be safely implemented within a community setting
• the main reason of referral is related to a physical condition
• the patient wishes to work towards maximising their level of independence and agrees to engage and participate in their rehabilitation intervention
All referrals should be made via OneCall: Tel 0345 6024064
How to access the service
Referrals are accepted from:
•all health and professionals social care