Extended Primary Care Team
There are 2 locality based Extended Primary Care Teams working in alignment with 8 GP clusters across Newham. The multidisciplinary teams include community nursing, specialist therapies, GP and social services.
The service provides comprehensive assessment and care to patients who are housebound and/or at risk of hospital admission, those who can be offered Supported Discharge from hospital and rehabilitation at home, and also to people at the end of their lives.
Our aim is to keep care at home where possible to improve the quality of peoples lives.
- North East Locality: TBC
- North West Locality: Zahra Famurewa
- South Locality: Marlene Soares
- Central Locality: Sola Bello
- Senior Manager: Gavin Shields, Lead Nurse
The East London Foundation Trust District Nursing Service supports adult patients who are house bound by providing nursing care to patients in their own homes or via a community based clinic. The service includes:
- Support with management of long term conditions (Diabetes, COPD)
- Would and pressure ulcer care
- Palliative care
- Leg ulcer management
- Catheter care
- Assessment of equipment needs
- Advice on maintaining a health lifestyle
The physiotherapy and occupational therapy services offer rehabilitation services for service uses with short term functional needs, enabling user to attain their independence following loss of social functioning resulting from illness, affecting their independence.
Referral Criteria – Adults 18 years and above