Marie Gabriel, Trust Chair, Appointed to the Trust Board in October 2012
- Chair of NHS East London and the City from March 2011 to March 2012 and then Chair of North East London and the City until October 2012
- Chair of NHS Newham from 2003-2011, previously Vice Chair of Newham University Hospital Trust
- Chair of Newham Community Health Council
- Over 20 years in senior roles within local government and the Third Sector
- Runs her own consultancy company specialising in action research, the delivery of regeneration projects and developing the not-for-profit sector
- Recognised by London Borough of Newham in 2010: awarded Honorary Freedom of the Borough
- Recognised on the Health Service Journal’s inaugural 'Inspirational Women' list.
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) DMS
Ken Batty, Appointed to the Trust Board in October 2016
- Ken is a lay member of the Speaker’s Committee for the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
- Ken runs his own company providing HR consultancy to companies.
- He worked for 30 years in the technology sector – at IBM and at Lenovo. At Lenovo he ran the Human Resources service in Europe, Middle East and Africa; and then in Asia Pacific.
- He was one of the founders of the Albert Kennedy Trust, the UK’s LGBT Youth Homelessness Charity.
- In 2015 he was very proud to be on the Financial Times list of the global top 100 most influential LGBT people in business.
- Qualifications: BA (Hons)
Mary Elford, Vice Chair,Appointed to the Trust Board in February 2012
• Non-Executive Director Health Education England (September 2013 - present)
• Non-Executive Director Queen Mary Bioenterprises (March 2014 - present)
• Council member General Pharmaceutical Council (April 2013 - present)
• National Advisory Committee on Clinical Excellence Awards (2008 - present)
• Non-Executive Director, Barts and the London NHS Trust (2002 - 2012)
• Council Member, Queen Mary, University of London (2004 - 2013)
• Senior roles with John Lewis Partnership (1985 - 1999)
• Qualifications: BA (Hons) Oxford
Jennifer Kay, Senior Independent Direcor, Appointed to the Trust Board in October 2014
- Jenny has had a long and fulfilling career in nursing, combining 15 years in front line clinical roles (culminating in her role as a children’s ward sister at King’s College Hospital)
- Jenny spent 18 years in management, notably as Director of Nursing with Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust (2001 – November 2012)
- Jenny also has experience at the Department of Health, and secondments to nursing and quality leadership roles in a strategic health authority (NHS South) and Merton Clinical Commissioning Group
- She has experience of delivering a wide range of quality improvements in clinical practice (infection control, skin care, falls prevention for example)
- Jenny also has experience of Board level governance, participating in and chairing many committees and of supporting the work of Board level committees as lead Executive Director, including quality and safety, equality and diversity, safeguarding, patient experience, and patient involvement committees.
- Qualifications: BA(Hons), RGN, RSCN, MBA
Kingsley Peter, Non-Executive Director, Appointed to the Trust Board in November 2006
- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Executive Director of Finance and Corporate Services for the Adolescent and Children’s Trust (TACT), the UK’s largest national foster care services and adoption charity.
- Company Secretary - TACT
- Formerly, Area Finance Controller for the South East Area (Engineering) of the National Grid.
- Formerly, Non-Executive Director, Charitable Assurance and Regulatory Board, Places for People Group and Former Chair of Kush Housing Association
- Board Member-Consortium of Voluntary Adoption Agencies
- Extensive experience of financial management and business development.
- Qualifications: FCCA, MBA
Urmila (Millie) Banerjee CBE, Non-Executive Director
- Millie Banerjee has had a long and varied career in the private and public sectors.
- Currently she is the Chair of NHS Blood and Transplant , and a member of the Board of the College of Policing.
- She spent 25 years with BT in various senior roles including operations, large scale system implementation, product design and consumer service.
- Following her career in BT, she was the COO of a global mobile satellite company. She continued her association with the communications sector as a non-executive director of Ofcom for 9 years.
- She has held several other non-executive appointments including a non-executive director of the Cabinet Office, Channel 4 TV, the Prisons Board, and the Peabody Trust. She was the chair of Working Links a private sector company, working with the Government in supporting long term unemployed and disabled citizens.
- Previously she was on the Board of Newham PCT and Barts Health
Robert Taylor,Non-Executive Director, Appointed to the Trust Board in October 2013
- Former Chief Executive of Kleinwort Benson Bank
- Chair of the University for Creative Arts in Kent and Surre
- Board member (formerly Chair) at the Whitechapel Gallery in east London
- Non-Executive Director of Truman’s Brewery
- Head of Wealth Management & Private Banking Supervision at the Financial Conduct Authority
- Investor and adviser to companies involved in virtual data storage, on-line therapies, on-line investment management and multi-media publishing and digital gaming technology
- Public speaker at financial services conferences
- Outspoken supporter of LGBT career opportunities in the City.
- Qualifications: MSJ Columbia University
Paul Hendrick, Non-Executive Director, Appointed to the Trust Board in April 2016
- Chartered Accountant with over thirty years international experience in
financial management, treasury and corporate finance with major public
companies such as Akzo Nobel NV, Courtaulds plc and the British National
- Extensive experience as a non-executive director in the public sector in the
fields of regional economic development, social housing and public health
- Currently non-executive director Greater London Enterprise Ltd., the regional
economic development company owned by all 33 London local authorities,
- Chair of
the group’s operating subsidiary and of the Audit and Nominations
Committees and Senior Independent Director
- Director and trustee of ActiveNewham, the leisure trust managing
Newham’s leisure centres, parks and sports facilities.
- Qualifications: MSc, MBA, FCA, MCT, CF