Please note: This website is best viewed in a modern browser like Chrome, Edge or Firefox. We no longer support Internet Explorer 11.

Complaints Advocacy

Where can I get help and advice when making a complaint?

Staff working in the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will be happy to provide advice and support in relation to making a complaint. However, you may prefer independent advice and support.

The Independent Heath Complaints Advocacy Service can help individuals make a complaint about a National Health Service (NHS), which covers all NHS funded treatment, this includes NHS hospitals, GP’s, Ambulance Services, District Nurses, Mental Health Services, Dentists, Pharmacists or Opticians.

The service is free, confidential and independent to the NHS. Their advocates will:

•  give individuals an opportunity to speak confidentially to someone who is independent of the NHS

•  take time to listen to their experience

•  talk with them about what support they need to make their complaint

•  give them information about the different ways that they can raise their concerns

•  help them to think about what they would like to achieve from their complaint.

•  help with writing letters of complaint

•  attend meetings with them to support them with their complaint.

Anyone can ask for advocacy support with an NHS complaint by contacting us in the following ways:

Helpline:    0300 456 2370