Individual Placement & Support (IPS) Employment Service (Newham)
Finding and retaining paid work can play a significant part in an individual’s recovery from mental health problems. Potential benefits include the daily structure that comes with a job, an expansion of your social and support networks, an increase in disposable income, and a sense of an identity other than that of a mental health service user.
However, it can be daunting to start the process of finding employment, especially when you have been out of work for a while or never had the opportunity to build a career in the first place.
That is where our Employment Specialists can make a difference. The one-to-one support they offer is unlike any provided by other jobseekers programme; they work as an integral part of your clinical support team and negotiate with local employers on your behalf and with your permission. In addition, they are there to help you as long as you need them after you start work.
ELFT Community Mental Health Services 117 Balaam Street,
All we require is that you want to work and are ready to engage with employers within four weeks of your first appointment with us.
You will also need to be a service user of
- the Newham Community Recovery Teams (North or South), including outpatients’ clinics,
- the Newham Assessment and Brief Treatment Team or
- the Newham Early Intervention Service.
For more information, please speak to your clinical support team, e-mail email@example.com or call 020 7510 1081
The service offers:
- Focused one-to-one support on accessing paid work
- Regular meetings with your Employment Specialist
- Support in preparing for an application writing a CV and job seeking
- Confidence to talk about any gaps in your CV and periods of absence
- Exploring transferable skills, experience and expertise
- Preparing for interviews and getting through the recruitment process
- Benefits advice and information
- ‘In-Work’ support once you access employment and continued career development coaching,
- Support with reasonable adjustments and advice
- A personalised plan to make the most of your new opportunity.