Where can I get independent help and advice in my area to make a complaint?

Staff working in the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will be happy to provide advice and support in relation to making a complaint. However, you may prefer independent advice and support.

NHS Complaints Advocacy is independent of the NHS, confidential and free and provides practical support and information to people who want to complain about an NHS service. NHS Complaints Advocacy is provided by Voiceability or POhWER depending on where you live.

VoiceAbility provides advocacy services in the following boroughs: Barnet; City & Hackney; Tower Hamlets;  Newham; Redbridge and Richmond. 

VoiceAbility can be contacted as follows:

Telephone: 0300 330 5454
By text: 07860022939
Fax: 0330 088 3762
By post: NHS Complaints Advocacy, Voiceabilty, Mount Pleasant House, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge CB3 ORN
Website: http://voiceability.org/

POhWER provides advocacy services for the borough of Bedford and Luton.

POhWER can be contacted as follows:

Telephone: 0300 456 2370 (charged at local rate)
Minicom: 0300 456 2364
By text: Send the word ‘pohwer’ with your name and number of 81025
Email: pohwer@pohwer.net
: pohwer.advocacy (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)
By post: POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham B6 9BL
Website: www.pohwer.net

Please give us a rating for the content or use of our site?

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)