Who we are
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) delivered by East London NHS Foundation Trust is part of a wider network of services that offer help and support to children and young people who have mental health difficulties and their families/carers.
There are CAMHS teams in East London – Tower Hamlets, Newham and City and Hackney – and in Bedfordshire and Luton.
We provide a service for children and young people up to 18 years old.
What we do
On our website you can find information about the conditions we help with, the different teams and types of professionals working at CAMHS and the type of work we carry out with young people.
You can also read case studies about how CAMHS has helped other children and young people.
Our core values are as follows:
- To offer services and interventions designed to focus on all family members,
- To respect individual rights, values, cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs
- To empower families to make decisions about their own lives
- To work in the least restrictive setting available, negotiating this with the family commitment to making our services as accessible as possible
- To promote the best possible life chances for children
- To value the strengths in the families we meet