Who we are
The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) delivered by East London NHS Foundation Trust is part of a wider network of services that offer help and support to children and young people who have mental health difficulties and their families/carers.
There are CAMHS teams in East London – Tower Hamlets, Newham and City and Hackney – and in Bedfordshire and Luton.
We provide a service for children and young people up to 18 years old.
Our core values are as follows:
- To offer services and interventions designed to focus on all family members,
- To respect individual rights, values, cultural backgrounds and religious beliefs
- To empower families to make decisions about their own lives
- To work in the least restrictive setting available, negotiating this with the family commitment to making our services as accessible as possible
- To promote the best possible life chances for children
- To value the strengths in the families we meet