- Assess social contacts, activities and wishes to expand social networks of people with psychosis
- Understand views and opinions of patients, carers and mental health professionals of a structured intervention for expanding social networks in psychosis
- Refine the structured intervention, and develop an intervention manual and a training module and test the feasibility of the intervention in the NHS
- Test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the intervention in improving patients’ quality of life and secondary outcomes, including symptom levels and hospitalisations
- Explore whether improvements in quality of life and other health outcomes are mediated through expanded social networks
- Develop a web-based training module for mental health professionals in the NHS
- Disseminate findings and the intervention with appropriate implementation plans.