GPs and social workers can refer to clients to the Community Mental Health Team in their catchment area
We accept referrals from GPs, health professionals, social workers. If you are experiencing mental health issues, speak to your GP in the first instance. They can direct you to services that can help you.
The team can offer a range of interventions or treatments including:
- Joint assessment and care planning
- Talking therapies
- Support for your family or friends who may be helping you.
- Help thinking about your general physical health.
- Support to recognise possible early warning signs of distress and developing techniques to manage this and staying well.
- Support finding training, employment and meaningful activities.
- Support to be a part of your community and learning new skills.
Before you attend your appointment, have a think about what would be useful for us to know about your values, treatment preferences, strengths and personal goals.
If you want to, please write something down to show us when me meet, this will help us to know what you want from our service. If you’re not being asked about areas important to you, please try to remind us what you want us to help you with.
If you are allocated a care coordinator you will have meetings where we make care plans based on your recovery plans and your goals. Please tell us if we’ve misunderstood your goals or are not working in the best way with you.
At your first appointment, you will be seen by an experienced mental health worker/ doctor from the team who will ask you questions about the difficulties you have experienced, or might be experiencing. During this appointment you will work together to identify the best options to help address these experiences:
- Your values - the things you would like us to know about you, so we can respect these values in our work with you.
- Your treatment preferences - how you would like us to provide any treatment or care.
- Your strengths - so we understand what you are good at and what support you have in your life or would like to have.
- Your goals - what matters to you, so that we can work together around these.