The Community Learning Disability Service is a team of health staff and social workers who assess and support people who live in Tower Hamlets with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Opening hours: Mondays to Fridays 9am-5pm
If you prefer we can meet you at home, at your college, or day service.
We help people to be as independent as possible by offering advice, therapy and practical support. We can direct you to other services that can also help you.
We help adults, (persons aged 18 or over) with a learning disabilities who live in Tower Hamlets. We can help you:
- live a healthy independent and safe life
- have a place to live
- understand money
- have a job or support with training or employment
- make decisions and choices
- have positive relationships with friends and family
- go out have fun and meet new people
- get around and be respected in the community
- prepare for a hospital stay or visit to your GP
- if you are sad, angry or having a difficult time
We also support parents or carers of someone with a learning disability in their caring role and to have a better life.
Our team is made up of health professionals, social workers, managers and administrators.
You will meet with two members of the team to help us do a single assessment, to decide if you have a learning disability and what help you need. The meeting can be at our offices or at home, at your day service, college or school and will take place within 28 days of your referral.