Finding and retaining paid work can play a significant part in an individual’s recovery from mental health problems. Potential benefits include the daily structure that comes with a job, an expansion of your social and support networks, an increase in disposable income and a sense of an identity other than that of a mental health service user.
However, it can be daunting to start the process of finding employment, especially when you have been out of work for a while or never had the opportunity to build a career in the first place.
That is where our Employment Specialists can make a difference. The one to one support they offer is unlike any provided by other jobseekers programme; they work as an integral part of your clinical support team and negotiate with local employers on your behalf and with your permission. In addition, they are there to help you as long as long as you need them after you start work.
All we require is that you want to work and are ready to engage with employers within four weeks of your first appointment with us.
You will also need to be a service user of
• the Newham Community Recovery Teams (North or South), including outpatients’ clinics,
• the Newham Assessment and Brief Treatment Team or
• the Newham Early Intervention Service.
For more information, please speak to your clinical support team, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7510 4243.
The service offers:
- A FREE and confidential service designed around what you want and need
- Joined-up working with your clinical team
- A job search based on your interests and preferences
- Assistance with the job application process
- Confidence building and skills development
- Reaching out to suitable employers
- Helping you assess the impact of job income on benefits
- Preparing you for starting your job
- Time unlimited support while employed, including career development
For more information, please email email@example.com