The crisis line is provided by East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) to support people living in Newham. The Helpline (020 7540 6782 calls charged at local rates), is available 24 hours a day including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Callers will be given support and advice from mental health professionals.
The service aims to provide the right care at the right time and prevent people spending unnecessary time at the Emergency Department.
The Crisis Helpline can:
- support and help you if you have mental health problems
- provide accurate information and advice about local mental health services
- communicate with other services or teams on your behalf if you wish
- support you in a non-directive way, to empower and encourage you to take control of your own life and come to your own decisions.
Other useful numbers and websites
- NHS 111: Call 111, available 24 hours every day
- Sane Line: 0845 767 8000 (6pm - 11pm every day) www.sane.org.uk
- Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90 (24 hours every day) www.samaritans.org 020 7771 5807