Bedfordshire Phlebotomy Service
The phlebotomy service is for housebound patients unable to access alternative services.
This service is for patients who are housebound and unable to attend a community phlebotomy clinic due to their physical or medical condition or illness, and who require a home visit by their GP.
Referrals can be made through the following health professionals.
- Acute speciality services e.g. anticoagulation
- Rapid Response team
- Macmillan team
- Community nursing team
- Non-acute specialty services
- Residential and nursing homes
- Mental health services
Exclusions from service
- Patient under 18 years of age
- Referral Card incomplete or completed illegibly (all components of referral card to be completed)
- Patient is not registered with practice in BCCG
- Does not meet housebound/domiciliary criteria.