Blood Borne Virus Team
We are a nurse team providing a harm reduction healthcare service as a satellite in 10 voluntary and statutory drug and alcohol services in Tower Hamlets and City & Hackney.
We deal with
- Safer drug and injecting advice,
- Testing for Hepatitis B, C and HIV,
- Vaccinations (Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Influenza & Tetanus),
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections,
- Emergency contraception and pregnancy testing,
- Screening for TB,
- Cervical cytology (smears),
- Assessment for other general health problems and referral to appropriate agencies,
- Monitoring of Hepatitis, HIV and liver disease,
- Treatment for Hepatitis B and C and HIV through joint clinics,
- Screening and monitoring for alcohol related health problems including liver disease.
We are also known as an adult specialist addiction service.
1st floor Beaumont House, Mile End Hospital
275 Bancroft Road