Crystal Ward (Luton)
Crystal Ward is an acute adult mental health ward for female patients.
The service offers:
- 24 hour, 365 days a year services
- Active involvement of the patient, family and carers
- Choice and autonomy, where possible
- Intensive assessment, intervention and support
- Recovery planning with patient-focussed outcomes
- A sensitive approach to ethnic and cultural issues
- Share learning from the crisis
- Time-limited treatments that are responsive to patient’s needs
- To provide practical support and assistance with problems of daily living.
Luton Centre for Mental Health
Off Calnwood Road
Self-referrals to this service are not accepted. Referrals accepted from one of the following: GP, care co-ordinator, community mental health team, community nurse, health professional, hospital liaison nurse or social services.
The ward has a multi-disciplinary team including mental health nurses, clinical support workers, clinical psychologists, a consultant psychiatrist and medical staff.
They work in partnership with the outpatients team, care co-ordinators, social workers and GPs to support the patient through their inpatient stay.