We are an 18 bed acute adult female inpatient ward for people in the south east of the borough. It offers:
- 24 hour, 365 days a year services
- Active involvement of the patient, family, and carers
- Choice and autonomy, where possible
- Intensive assessment, intervention, and support
- Recovery planning with patient-focussed outcomes
- A sensitive approach to ethnic and cultural issues
- Share learning from the crisis
- Time-limited treatments that are responsive to patient’s needs
- To provide practical support and assistance with problems of daily living.
The Newham Centre for Mental Health Cherry Tree Way, Glen Road, Plaistow, London E13 8SP
The ward has a multi-disciplinary team including mental health nurses, clinical support workers, clinical psychologists, a consultant psychiatrist and medical staff.
They work in partnership with the outpatients team, care co-ordinators, social workers and GPs to support the patient through their inpatient stay.
Referrals can be made via CMHTs, GP,s, A&E, all emergency referrals for the East and South Sector.
Do not hesitate to contact us for information on what you need to know when visiting someone on our wards.