We are a 20-bedded acute admission ward specialising in the treatment, care and support of women in City and Hackney who need a period of hospital admission.
The service offers:
- 24 hours, 365 days a year services
- Active involvement of the patient, family and carers
- Choice and autonomy, where possible
- Intensive assessment, intervention, and support
- Recovery planning with patient-focussed outcomes
- A sensitive approach to ethnic and cultural issues
- Share learning from the crisis
- Time-limited treatments that are responsive to patient’s needs
- To provide practical support and assistance with problems of daily living.
- Please note that the City and Hackney Centre for Mental Health is now a smoke-free site.
City and Hackney Centre for Mental Health
General referrals are accepted from the Locality and inpatient teams, Consultant Psychiatrists.
The ward has a multi-disciplinary team including mental health nurses, clinical support workers, clinical psychologists, a consultant psychiatrist, and medical staff.
They work in partnership with the outpatient team, care coordinators, social workers, and GPs to support the patient through their inpatient stay.