Leighton Road Surgery (Leighton Buzzard)
The GP surgery has been established in Leighton Buzzard for more than 40 years. More than 22,000 patients are registered with the practice and it offers more than 140,000 consultations each year.
The GP surgery has been established in Leighton Buzzard for more than 40 years.
More than 22,000 patients are registered with the practice and it offers more than 140,000 consultations each year.
The surgery offers:
- An Enhanced Duty Team to cater for you when you require urgent care
- In-house ‘drop-in’ blood test clinics five mornings per week, where you are able to have your blood sample taken without having to make an appointment. Pre-booked blood test appointments are also available, if preferred
- Chronic illnesses clinics such as Diabetes, Asthma and COPD
- Family Planning and Sexual Health clinics
- Anti-coagulation clinics, so that patients can easily have their anticoagulant monitored here in the surgery
- Baby immunisations
- Late night appointments.
The practice team consists of more than 70 members of staff including doctors, nurses, paramedics, pharmacists, therapists, receptionists, administrative and domestic Staff.
They offer a comprehensive range of medical and preventative services aim to cater for your health needs within the practice whenever possible.
Leighton Road Surgery is also a well-respected Training Practice for doctors who want to become General Practitioners (GPs) and usually has a GP registrar working with the team as part of their professional training.
The Practice has excellent working relationships with local hospitals, Community Health Practitioners, Social Services, Pharmacies, Voluntary Groups and Local Authorities. Through the surgery patients can access many other services and organisations.
It has an active Patient Participation Group to represent your views and help us plan for the future.