Mental Health Crisis Line/Crisis Support (Newham)
Freephone 0800 073 0066
The Newham Mental Health Crisis Line is open 24 hours a day to support people living in Newham who experience a mental health crisis. The Helpline is free to call and available 24 hours a day including at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Callers will be given support and advice from mental health professionals.
The service aims to provide the right care at the right time and prevent people from spending unnecessary time at the Accident & Emergency Department.
The Crisis Helpline can:
- support and help you if you have mental health problems
- provide accurate information and advice about local mental health services
- communicate with other services or teams on your behalf if you wish
- support you in a non-directive way, to empower and encourage you to take control of your own life and come to your own decisions.
The service provides an emergency assessment service for those calling who are in crisis – we will see people on the same day and either treat or refer them to a team where their needs can be met.
For young people under 18 who live, work, or study in Newham experiencing a mental health crisis, a specialist CAMHS service is available in the borough.
Other useful numbers and websites
- NHS 111: Call 111, available 24 hours every day
- www.sane.org.uk (Telephone service currently unavailable)
- Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90 (24 hours every day) www.samaritans.org 020 7771 5807