Newham Integrated Discharge Hub
The aim of the Integrated Discharge Hub is to ensure that people coming home from hospital who need ongoing care have the right support in place.
The team ensures a safe, smooth transfer from the hospital ward to where the patient lives. They lead on embedding good discharge assessment and planning practice on the wards and act as an advocate for patients with complex discharge needs by ensuring they have the right support for their situation.
Purpose/ Service objectives
The Integrated Discharge Hub (IDH) will be responsible for:
• Developing a supportive collaborative relationship with wards teams
• After ward rounds, allocating patients to professional leads across local organisations to enable they gather the right information and that the right services are in place to support the individual
• Enabling rapid same-day discharge for all patients declared medically fit.
• Coordinating and implementing appropriate healthcare and support for people returning home.
• Ensuring those that need it are fully assessed under the Care Act in the community within 6 weeks of returning home
• Ensuring that all health and care packages of support are in place and checking that they meet the needs of patients once home.
• Co-ordinating practical help and support from the voluntary sector i.e. Age UK for people returning home.
The Integrated Discharge Hub (IDH) currently operational across two sites, with an office located in the Newham University Hospital and Shrewsbury Road Health Centre.
Shrewsbury Road Health Centre