Tower Hamlets Community Learning Disabilities Service
We are Tower Hamlet’s Community Learning Disability Service. We’re called CLDS.
We are a health and social care team.
We are run by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and the East London NHS Foundation Trust.
We work with adults with Learning Disabilities in Tower Hamlets.
We work at Beaumont House at Mile End Hospital.
We can also visit people at their home, college, or day service.
Mile End Hospital
You can contact us yourself or ask your GP, social worker, health or education worker, relative, carer, or support worker to refer you to the Community Learning Disabilities Service.
Professionals can download our referral form, and send it to the email address below.
- Tel: 020 7771 5500
- Email: email@example.com
We work with people with Learning Disabilities who live in and have a GP in Tower Hamlets. We work with adults from 18 years old or older. We might start working with you when you’re getting ready to move from Child to Adult services.
We do not accept referrals for people with:
- Adults with specific learning difficulties only, e.g. dyslexia
- Autistic adults without learning disabilities
- Adults with Mild/Moderate learning disabilities who are able to access mainstream service with reasonable adjustments
- Adults with acquired brain injury or cognitive changes occurring in adulthood (i.e., an injury NOT acquired before the age of 18)
We help people with their health and social care needs.
We might work with you, your family or carers and other professionals.
We support people to live healthy and happy lives, and to get the support they need.
We support people with physical, mental health and behavioural support needs.
We also work to help adults with Learning Disabilities access other mainstream services, like mental health and physical health services.
We have different professionals in the team:
- Art Therapists
- Health Support Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- Positive Behaviours Support Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Speech and Language Therapists
They are supported by operational managers and admin staff.
- Stepney Green (District or Hammersmith and City Line)
- Mile End (Central, District or Hammersmith and City Line)
- 25, 205, 309 or 339 Bus.