Tower Hamlets Continuing Health Care Service
The continuing healthcare team coordinate and complete in-depth holistic health assessments to determine whether patients are eligible for NHS continuing healthcare where the NHS is responsible for arranging and providing care for all of the patient’s identified/assessed health care and associated social care needs.
Third Floor Beaumont House
Mile End Hospital
- Complete holistic in-depth health assessments to determine Eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare in accordance with the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare & NHS Funded Nursing Care.
- Quality assures Continuing Healthcare Assessments for Eligibility Panel and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Undertake quarterly and annual reviews for Patients who are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care. Undertake joint care reviews as requested by Social Workers.
- Case manages Patients eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare, ensuring that their care package and placements meet their identified needs.
- Source and arrange care packages and placements for Patients who are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
- Facilitate and arrange care for Patients who are rapidly deteriorating and may be entering the terminal phase of their condition to enable Patients to be cared for in their preferred place of care.
- Provide specialist advice to Health and Social Care Staff regarding NHS Continuing Healthcare for Tower Hamlets Patients.