1. Research Seminars
The Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry holds seminars to present the work of its members from 14:00-15:00 on Mondays. Due to the COVID-19 social distancing measures, the seminars are currently being held online and for the time being, are not public events.
2. Research Methods & Tools Training
Training sessions on a variety of topics of interest to those undertaking research in NHS are held on an ad hoc basis. Due to the COVID-19 social distancing measures, any training sessions are currently being held online. For information on upcoming sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Research Governance Skills Training
As a Noclor partner, ELFT staff can access training courses for free. Noclor offer courses such as:
- Critical Appraisal Skill Training Workshop
- Essential Skills for Clinical Research Nurses
- Finding the Evidence (Literature Searching Skills)
- Good Clinical Practice in Research
- Informed Consent in Clinical Research
- Principal Investigator in Research
- Setting Up and Managing the Trial Master File
To check dates and book a course, see the Noclor Training & Resources website
Some additional resources:
The Medical Research Council (MRC) Regulatory Support Centre has a number of resources including e-learning courses that are free for all (once you have set up an account), these include:
1. Good Research Practice - Applicable to everyone in the research community, this e-learning module introduces the principles and guidelines laid out in the MRC's ethic series document Good research practice: Principles and guidelines.
2. Research Data and Confidentiality - This e-learning course explores the concepts of confidentiality and data protection. This is a complex field, but the course aims to provide you with the framework and tools to interpret the requirements for research with confidence.
3. Consent and Participant Information Sheet Preparation Guidance - In this guidance you will find information on the principles of consent (both ethical and legal)