You can contact the service by phone or email directly on BHNT.Foothealth@nhs.net
Foot Health Referral CriteriaAll patients referred to the service will be screened. They will be invited for an assessment if they meet the health condition criteria below:
- Diabetics and all patients with peripheral sensory neuropathy
- Peripheral arterial disease patients
- People with Rheumatoid disease affecting their tissue viability
- People who have lymphoedema affecting their tissue viability with active or previous ulceration only
- People who have significant foot deformity and congenital foot issues
- People who have previously had foot ulcers
- Bed bound patients in domiciliary setting only
- Mental Health & Learning Disability conditions who are unable to self-care
- Patients with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease who are unable to self-care
- Acute in-growing toe nails
People who have generic foot care needs will be signposted to accredited podiatry services which they will need to pay for.
If you do not meet the above criteria for NHS podiatry services, you can arrange to see a private podiatrist.
You can find a list of local non NHS providers here
If you have basic foot care needs because you can't reach your feet or you do not have a carer that can undertake basic foot care, you could opt to visit a nail technician for nail cutting - and a bit of pampering.
For more information, contact the service on 020 7 7715775.
* The service is no longer commissioned to provide treatment and advice for:
- Diabetics with painful peripheral neuropathy or burning sensation to feet
- Anyone with a verruca or fungal infection
- People with Rheumatoid disease affecting their feet requiring musculoskeletal assessment or insole therapy
- People with plantar fasciitis, heel pain, digital deformities or bunions
- Anyone requiring an internal or external heel raise for a leg length discrepancy
Any health professional in Tower Hamlets can refer patients to this service using our referral form.
Email the form to: BHNT.Foothealth@nhs.net
Self referrals are not accepted.
The department will prioritise assessment and foot care services for high risk or vulnerable patients.
Main Foot Health Service
The Foot Health Department in located in Mile End Hospital. Call 020 8223 8849
Bethnal Green Health Centre
- Newby Place Health Centre
We can help with a range of conditions which affect foot health such as Diabetics with foot complications, circulatory conditions or congenital deformity. The service treats those with high risk conditions which affect the foot.
The department consists of a small team based at Mile End Hospital and provides high risk specialised podiatric interventions.
The podiatry team is formed of podiatrists and trained foot care assistants working together to provide advice and clinical expertise for patients experiencing high risk foot problems.
This is a drop-in clinic and provided you arrive by 8:30 am, you will be assessed by a Podiatrist and treatment will be offered if necessary.
The clinic operates from Monday-Friday 8.30am prompt (Excluding Bank Holidays) for treating blisters, sores, wounds, ulcers, infections, swelling, discharging wounds and inflamed areas such as ingrowing toenails.
You will not be treated in the Emergency clinic with non-urgent foot issues like long nails, corns, callous, verruca or heel pain.
Welcome to Tower Hamlets Foothealth Service