CAMHS Community Eating Disorder Service (East London)
The East London Community Eating Disorders Service for Children and Young People (CEDS-CYP) is a specialist CAMHS service for young people up to the age of 18 who are experiencing an eating disorder. It is part of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) and covers Newham, Tower Hamlets and City & Hackney.
The service offers high-quality, evidence-based assessment and treatment for children, young people and their families. It is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team consisting of:
- Dietician: Offers advice about food choices and lifestyle
- Consultant Psychiatrist: A senior doctor who has overall responsibility for your care
- Therapists: Talk to you to help make sense of your difficulties and develop positive skills
- Family Therapists: Offers your family a supportive space to talk about their experience
- Paediatrician: A type of doctor who specialises in the health and wellbeing of young people