The ERA study started in September 2018. We have two key phases: an internal pilot and the full trial. The trial went on hold in March 2020 due to COVID-19.
This included a pause in recruitment and our therapy groups. In March 2021, the study slowly reopened. This began with running therapy groups for those on hold, with recruitment to the trial opening again in July 2021.
- September 2018: Study setup
- December 2018: Ethical and research governance approvals
- February 2019: Recruitment opens for internal pilot
- August 2019: Decision whether to continue to full trial
- September 2019: Recruitment to full trial
- March 2020: Trial paused due to COVID-19
- July 2021: Recruitment to full trial re-opened