Tower Hamlets Foot Health Service
We help with a range of conditions which affect foot health such as diabetics with foot complications, circulatory conditions or congenital deformity.
Listen to a podcast with our service lead and a patient here
Our Urgent Referral Criteria
- Blisters and sores
- Discharging and infected wounds
- Inflamed areas such as acute ingrowing toenails
All patients with urgent conditions should self- refer to Emergency Clinic Mile End Hospital at 8:30 am, Monday-Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
Service users should please bring their NHS Number for speedy registration for care
Our Routine Referral Criteria
- Mental health condition, learning disability or dementia unable to self-foot care
- Active or previous foot wounds /ulcerations
- In - growing toe nails
- Peripheral sensory neuropathy (numbness, not pain) in all patients, including diabetics
- Rheumatoid arthritis affecting tissue viability
- Circulatory problems, including vascular or arterial disease
- Congenital foot deformities for shoe wear
How GP can make a routine referral
Through EMIS using the template 'Single Point of Access CHS Referral TH CEG (RP) v5' and by completing relevant sections.
Save the consultation then CHS SPA referral form will automatically open
Select the service on the form and the rest of the form will be populated automatically.
Save and close document and send via Accurx Accumail to email@example.com
How patients can self - refer for routine referral
Patients can self refer for routine referrals using this self-referral form and email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If a patient does not fulfil the criteria You can find a list of local non-NHS providers here
Contact details for GP to discuss referral
Telephone: 0207 771 5775
Important: If you are unable to make contact with us please call SPA on 0300 033 5000